All Sunday messages can be translated using the "Translate" button at the top of our webpage
February 9, 2020
Good afternoon Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Sunday message:
- Just a reminder that we are one week away from our week off in February. The Enterprise Elementary School District students will be out of school February 17th – 21st and will honor both President Lincoln’s and President Washington’s birthdays during this time.
- We want to wish our Boulder Creek Dance Crew the best of luck as they head down to Anaheim later this week for their annual trip to Disneyland and competition.
- Our Parent Club Meeting is this Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. in the library. This is a great way to connect with other BC families and to learn about all the fun things going on at our school. On the agenda for this month will be the upcoming Family Dance and next year’s Parent Club board member nominations. Free childcare will be provided. Come and join us!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening and enjoy the wonderful sunny days ahead. We will see everyone on Minimum Day Monday.
February 2, 2020
Good afternoon Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Super Bowl Sunday afternoon update. Your message is coming a little earlier to get it in before kickoff time.
- There will be an 8th-grade parent meeting on Tuesday, February 4th at 2:20 p.m. Ms. Marker’s room, Room 37, for parents who are willing to help with graduation festivities. Feel free to bring a friend who is a parent of a younger BC student who might be willing to help too. We hope to see you Tuesday. If you cannot make the meeting but want to help, please email Ms. Marker at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be a 5th-grade Unite Camp (formerly WES Camp) parent meeting at 5:30 in the cafeteria on Thursday, February 6th.
- There are many sporting events and clubs after school this week. Please check out our school website for event days and times.
- Earlier today, I sent out a special message asking for all of our parents to participate in our school’s annual parent survey. Please see the email accompanying that message for all the details. You will receive an additional reminder later in the week as well.
- Just a reminder that tomorrow is a minimum day – all students are released at 1:05, and it’s also college shirt day!
Enjoy the remainder of this clear but wind Super Bowl Sunday.
January 26, 2020
Good afternoon Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Sunday message:
- 2019-2020 Registration is now open to ALL members of the community, including those who live outside of our district boundaries. Those students who are attending Boulder Creek’s preschool and would like to attend Kindergarten at B.C. WILL need to register. Remember if your child is currently a student at BC (Kinder through 7th grade), you do NOT have to register him or her again.
- Did you know that Boulder Creek teaches our students about bullying behaviors, including cyberbullying? All teachers use the social-emotional learning curriculum Second Step on a weekly basis. Bullying lessons are embedded in Second Step, and cyberbullying is presented more in-depth each October during Digital Citizenship Week.
- Later this week I will be messaging all of our families with important instructions about how you can provide us information about what we are doing right and give us feedback about areas in which we can improve. We are looking for 100% participation in this survey. We hope you will be able to help. Stay tuned for more information in a few days.
- Boulder Creek’s first-ever Music Winter Concert involving many of our 4th-8th grade music students will take place tomorrow, Monday, evening. The details are as follows:
Location: Pathway Auditorium, 777 Loma Vista Drive
Student Musician Call Time: 6:30 pm
Concert Start Time: 7 pm
Admission: $2 at the door (proceeds benefit the Boulder Creek Music Program)
We invite all Boulder Creek Families to join us for an entertaining evening while supporting Boulder Creek Music at the same time.
- Finally, a big thank you to all who are being courteous of our Boulder Creek neighbors throughout the neighborhood, including on Springer Drive, Spaniel Drive and on Whistling Way at drop-off and pick-up. Slowing down and following traffic laws keeps everyone happy and most of all safe!
We thank you for all you do to assist us in helping your child meet his/her academic, social, and emotional goals. We will see you tomorrow on Minimum Day Monday. Have a great evening.
January 20, 2020
Good afternoon Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Monday afternoon message:
- In registration news, 2020-2021 continues this week for students who live outside the Boulder Creek School boundary area but live inside the district boundaries and need an intradistrict transfer permit. In addition, those who live outside the district boundaries, have siblings currently attending Boulder Creek AND require an interdistrict transfer permit are also welcome to register this week. Next week, we will accept registrations from all other new students who live outside the district. For a complete schedule of priority registration and registration forms, go to the Boulder Creek Website (bouldercreek.eesd.net) under About Us and click on the Register link.
- Did you know that Boulder Creek offers a wide variety of clubs for our 3rd – 8th graders throughout each year? For example, this winter our Jr. High students are enjoying Ski and Snowboard Club, Engineering Club and Dance Crew. Our younger students are involved with 3-5 Chess Club, 4-5 Cooking Club, and 5th-grade Safety Patrol. Be sure to listen for future club announcements and encourage your child to get involved. And, If any of our parents possess a special skill you would like to share with children, I encourage you to come and chat with me. We are always open to new ideas!
- Stay tuned for information about our annual Parent Survey coming your way on next week’s Sunday message.
- Finally, just a few commuter and drop-off announcements …
Many of our families travel into the immediate Boulder Creek neighborhood for drop-off and pick-up. Please be considerate of our Boulder Creek neighbors on every street by driving the speed limit and being mindful of not blocking or parking in neighbors’ driveways. It’s tough to be a neighbor of a school with large enrollment who has a majority of its students who are transported to school by car. Thank you in advance for helping Boulder Creek be a good neighbor by slowing down and being thoughtful guests while in the neighborhood.
Secondly, we have some parents who are stopping in the street before and after the crosswalk and letting children out of the car without pulling over to the curb. This is very dangerous for your children and there have been near accidents as a result. The crossing guard cannot be responsible for safely crossing children who are not approaching the crosswalk from the sidewalk and waiting appropriately. Please be mindful of pulling over to the curb and letting children out of the vehicle on the curbside only.
I sincerely hope that all of our Boulder Creek Families had the opportunity to have conversations this weekend about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s significant contributions to the social change and growth of our country. Enjoy the rest of your Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning.
Good afternoon Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Sunday Message:
- 2020-2021 Registration begins this week for students who live in the Boulder Creek School boundary area and who are not currently enrolled in school. For a complete schedule of priority registration and registration forms, go to the Boulder Creek Website (bouldercreek.eesd.net) under About Us and click on the Register link.
- For those of our parents who signed up for Powerful Parenting, just a reminder that your night is this Thursday evening beginning with an optional free taco bar dinner from 5:15-6:00 and Powerful Parenting from 6:00-7:00.
- 4/5 Boys’ and Girls’ basketball tryouts are Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Girls tryout from 2:30-4:00 and boys tryout from 4:00-5:30. Boys will need to go home after school and return at 4:00 p.m.
- Jr. High Boys Basketball kick off the season this week on the road to Sequoia tomorrow and at home versus Grant on Wednesday.
- Clubs meeting this week include Jr. High Ski and Snowboard Club, Jr. High Engineering Club, and 3-5 Chess Club. Please check the calendar on our website for meeting days and times.
- I’d like to end by sharing with all parents who are not aware … Your children have many adults on campus they can seek out should they ever have a need to talk with someone about anything at all. Whether they are worried about academics, peer relationships or anything else, all of our staff – teaching, administrative, counseling, and all other support staff – are here for your children at all times. Please encourage them to come to us whenever they need.
Bundle up this week Boulder Creek, it’s going to be a cold one. Enjoy the rest of your day. We look forward to seeing you all tomorrow on Minimum Day Monday.