All Sunday messages can be translated using the "Translate" button at the top of our webpage
May 25, 2020
Good Evening Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Memorial Day message …
At some point this weekend, I hope your family has had the opportunity to reflect upon the men and women who have served our country and gave their lives for our freedom.
As the school year winds down, you will find that communication is more important than ever. Please click HERE for detailed information about the following and more:
· New District Update Video
· Boulder Creek Office Hours
· School Vaccinations (7th grade, incoming Kindergartners, and other incoming new students)
· 8th Grade Graduation
· School Community Rock Garden Project
· Yearbook – You may still be able to order
· Book Returns
· Missed Student Item Pick Up Day?
· And, much more!
Enjoy this four-day week Everyone, as well as what is left of your long weekend.
May 6, 2020
Hello Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with a few mid-week announcements:
Our first library book return date is tomorrow, Thursday, May 7th from 11:00-1:00. There will be a cart outside of the main office area at the curbside. Please maintain social distance while you gently place your library book(s) in the cart. The cart will remain untouched for a number of days before the books are processed and removed from the overdue book list.
We will also resume our overdue library book reminders so our families are aware of exactly which books need to be rounded up at home and returned to Boulder Creek at the next possible library book return date.
We currently have over 1000 library books out. We take pride in having one of the best book return rates in the district. Help us with our goal of 100% of library books returned! Thank you for your cooperation and patience.
In addition to library books, the following grade levels also need these books returned:
1st Grade – all first-grade “reader” books
6th Grade – all students who have not yet returned the book Wonder
8th Grade – all students need to return To Kill a Mockingbird
In addition to the book collection date tomorrow, mark your calendars for Tuesday, May 19th when we will have a pick-up day from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. for all personal items students may have left behind in their desks. Teachers will be bagging up personal items over the next few weeks. If you are unsure if your child has items that need to be picked up, please email his/her homeroom teacher. Along with personal items, if you ordered spring pictures, you may pick them up at that time as well. And, 8th graders who want to borrow a graduation gown for picture-taking purposes at home as well as to wear to our drive-thru graduation can do so on May 19th.
Finally, be sure to watch for a school-wide student project announcement coming in next Monday’s newsletter!
We will see you tomorrow for our first Book Return Day!
Thank you, and have a wonderful Wednesday evening.
April 19, 2020
Hello Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Sunday message.
Today is the last day to order your 2019-2020 yearbook! Yes, the yearbook is still on. Please go online to ybpay.com to place your order. Our school code is 11517120. If you ordered an ad for the yearbook, don't forget to order your book as well.
If you are receiving my Sunday messages by telephone but you are not receiving them via email, it is most likely we do not have an updated email address for you or the emails are making their way to your SPAM file. If this is the case, please check your SPAM or email our Student Services Clerk, Shelby Price, at firstname.lastname@example.org with your email address and we will get our system updated so you receive all the important information from Boulder Creek as well as your child’s teacher moving forward.
Look for the weekly edition of the BC Bear Facts that will be sent to you tomorrow by email. These weekly newsletters will have all the latest school closure information. If you have specific questions, please read the newsletter thoroughly as you may just find your answer there.
Be well and enjoy your evening!
April 5, 2020
Hello Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Sunday message.
Believe it or not, we have officially made it to Spring Break! I will keep today’s message brief, as I would like to redirect you to my weekly newsletter, BC Bear Facts – Weekly Edition, that will be sent to you every Monday by email. Even though we are on break, you will receive a newsletter tomorrow with important information about how to be ready for the new distance-learning format that will be implemented after Spring Break on Tuesday, April 14th. This means it is crucial that we have the correct email on file for you. If you are receiving my Sunday messages by telephone but you are not receiving them via email, it is most likely we do not have an updated email address for you. If this is the case, please email our Student Services Clerk, Shelby Price, at email@example.com with your email address and we will get our system updated so you receive all the important information from Boulder Creek as well as your child’s teacher moving forward.
I know you’ve all spent a lot of energy trying to manage a learning schedule at home as well as thinking about what is to come as we navigate the remainder of the school year. We thank you for partnering with us on this journey. But now, it’s time to take a break! My hope for you during this stay home order is that you can find joy in the activities you share as a family.
Be well and enjoy your week!
March 30, 2020
Hello Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with an important message.
It has been determined that schools in our school district will not be returning to campus after spring break. Therefore, we will be moving to an online learning format beginning Tuesday, April 14th. This format of learning will begin April 14th and continue until further notice. This is very important because it means students will need access to a device and WiFi. We want to help with that. And, tomorrow is your chance!
If you are a Boulder Creek Family, have no other device in your household for your child to access our district’s online learning resources, and you were unable to make it to our first Chromebook checkout day, we invite you to check out a Chromebook (one per family) this Tuesday, March 31st from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Alta Mesa School, 2301 Saturn Skyway, Redding. We are also now encouraging families with Kindergartners to have a device at home to access online learning as well. [T1] It would be helpful if you email firstname.lastname@example.org to let them know you will be checking out a Chromebook tomorrow.
In addition, if parents/families need any district technology help, please email email@example.com. Our technology department is constantly monitoring the helpline email.
Once again, as we move away from support with enrichment packets and toward online learning from here on out, we want to assist our families so that all EESD students have access. Please expect more information from our district office later this week.
Thank you. Have a good evening.
March 29, 2020
Hello Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Sunday message. We have come to the end of our second week of school closure, and we are headed into the third week of closure before our regularly scheduled Spring Break, April 6th-10th.
- Your resource center for ongoing learning and technology links and support continues to be our district website at eesd.net.
- Last week, our teachers invited their students to join Epic, an online resource for books. Some were able to log on just fine, while others experienced some technical difficulties on Epic’s end. Do not worry if you had difficulties. Epic is not a requirement but just one source of online books. Many teachers use other sources, and your child may read books from home as well.
- If you are a Boulder Creek Family, have no other device in your household for your child to access our district’s online learning resources, and you were unable to make it to our first Chromebook checkout day, we invite you to check out a Chromebook (one per family) this Tuesday, March 31st from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at Alta Mesa School, 2301 Saturn Skyway, Redding. We are also now encouraging families with Kindergartners to have a device at home to access online learning as well.
- If parents/families need any district technology help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our technology department is constantly monitoring the helpline email.
- Meal delivery will continue as is with meals distributed out of the kitchens at Alta Mesa and Rother Schools, as well as along the bus routes posted on the district website this week. However next week, due to Spring Break, meal distribution will be suspended.
- The 2019-2020 yearbook is still on! If you haven't purchased your yearbook yet, there is still time. From this point on, books must be ordered online. Our yearbook advisor wants to see what you are doing as you shelter as you practice social distancing and distance learning. Please email her pictures that could possibly be included in the yearbook. If you have any pictures of school activities, feel free to send those as well (see instructions below). If we do not return to school this year, Lifetouch will mail books to those who have purchased one. Ordering and picture submission information: Pictures can be emailed to Melody at email@example.com . Pictures need to be at least 1MB. If you email a picture that is on an iPhone, please choose the “actual size” option. To order your yearbook go to ybpay.com. Our school code is 11517120.
- Please watch for communication later this week from the Enterprise Elementary School District (EESD) office later this week with the school plan moving forward beyond Spring Break.
We have many teachers meeting with students in Google or Zoom meetings. This has been such an exciting time for our students to see each other. Stay in touch with us. Your teachers and all of us miss you and look forward to seeing/hearing from you soon! Have a wonderful Sunday!
March 22, 2020
Hello Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your first Sunday message after our school closure. I will continue to communicate via SchoolMessenger on Sundays unless there is a need for a mid-week message. I want to thank all of our families and volunteer staff who participated in Chromebook and student packet distribution last week. We were able to get work packets to 92% of our students, which is incredible. Our staff wants to thank all those who extended kind messages of gratitude with notes, email messages, Facebook comments, treats, pictures, and the list goes on. We appreciate you more than you know. Now, for some important announcements …
- Your resource center for ongoing learning and technology links and support is our district website at eesd.net. As soon as you go to the link, a COVID-19 Update box will pop up with links to everything you need during this school closure.
- Some great sample at-home school schedules are posted on this website to help you establish a routine at home.
- Accelerated Reader is now open for quizzes. Besides a few exceptions, Kindergarten and 1st grades don’t typically have an AR account. Check with your child’s teacher via email if you have AR questions.
- Early next week, your child/children should receive an invitation, if they haven’t already, from their teachers to EPIC – an online library with thousands of books. The invitation to EPIC will come via Google Classroom which students will access by logging into clever.com. They would then click on Google Classroom to get their invitation to EPIC.
- If you have no other device in your household for your child to access Google Classroom and you were unable to make it to our Chromebook checkout day, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you don’t have WiFi in your household, you may want to call Charter Spectrum to inquire about their free offer of WiFi for households with students affected by school closures.
- Meal delivery will continue as is with meals distributed out of the kitchens at Alta Mesa and Rother Schools, as well as along the bus routes posted on the district website. The only exception will be the week of April 6th – 10th as that is our originally scheduled spring break; kitchens and busses will be closed. Service would resume the week of April 13th if the school closure is still in effect.
While we are closed, please know that we are here for you via email. Your teachers are monitoring their email and you can always email me at email@example.com with other questions as well. Enjoy this beautiful day outside, and I wish you a safe and healthy week ahead.
March 1, 2020
Hello Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Sunday message.
- Jr. High baseball and softball tryouts will be Wednesday, March 4th and Thursday, March 5th. Softball will try out from 2:30-4:00 and Baseball will try out from 4:00-5:30. Please make sure you have the appropriate attire. Boys must go home after school and return at 4:00 for tryouts.
- Spring Pictures take place on Thursday.
- Mark your calendars! Boulder Creek would like to invite our students and families to our annual Family Literacy Night on Thursday, March 5th from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm in the big gym. Optional pizza dinner begins at 5:30. We are celebrating Dr. Seuss’s birthday and a love of reading. Some of the activities include:
- The BC Dance Crew is selling pizza from 5:30 to 6:00. Pizza $2.00 per slice & Water $1.00 per bottle
- Literacy games and activities begin at 6:00
- Booster Club will hold a raffle for reading-themed gift baskets!
- Choose a book from the used book table so every child can go home with a book!
- Take your photo at the Dr. Seuss photo booth.
- And, there will be One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish” goldfish cracker snacks and reading bookmarks for everyone!
This is a family event and students must be accompanied by parents. We hope to see everyone on Thursday evening!
- Parent/teacher conferences begin March 9th. Please contact your child’s teacher if you do not have a conference date yet.
- Our Annual Spring Book Fair will be going on next week, March 9th-13th, as well.
- I will end this message with a parking lot tip. Lately, we have noticed that cars are backing into the curb lane diagonally near the office at pick-up time. There is no parking in the striped area next to the curb lane near the school office. The striped area is a loading zone area for pedestrians only. When waiting for your child in the curb lane, please remain parallel to the curb only. Thank you.
Enjoy the remainder of your Sunday, and we wish all of our Boulder Creek Families a wonderful week ahead.
February 9, 2020
Good afternoon Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Sunday message:
- Just a reminder that we are one week away from our week off in February. The Enterprise Elementary School District students will be out of school February 17th – 21st and will honor both President Lincoln’s and President Washington’s birthdays during this time.
- We want to wish our Boulder Creek Dance Crew the best of luck as they head down to Anaheim later this week for their annual trip to Disneyland and competition.
- Our Parent Club Meeting is this Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. in the library. This is a great way to connect with other BC families and to learn about all the fun things going on at our school. On the agenda for this month will be the upcoming Family Dance and next year’s Parent Club board member nominations. Free childcare will be provided. Come and join us!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday evening and enjoy the wonderful sunny days ahead. We will see everyone on Minimum Day Monday.
February 2, 2020
Good afternoon Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Super Bowl Sunday afternoon update. Your message is coming a little earlier to get it in before kickoff time.
- There will be an 8th-grade parent meeting on Tuesday, February 4th at 2:20 p.m. Ms. Marker’s room, Room 37, for parents who are willing to help with graduation festivities. Feel free to bring a friend who is a parent of a younger BC student who might be willing to help too. We hope to see you Tuesday. If you cannot make the meeting but want to help, please email Ms. Marker at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There will be a 5th-grade Unite Camp (formerly WES Camp) parent meeting at 5:30 in the cafeteria on Thursday, February 6th.
- There are many sporting events and clubs after school this week. Please check out our school website for event days and times.
- Earlier today, I sent out a special message asking for all of our parents to participate in our school’s annual parent survey. Please see the email accompanying that message for all the details. You will receive an additional reminder later in the week as well.
- Just a reminder that tomorrow is a minimum day – all students are released at 1:05, and it’s also college shirt day!
Enjoy the remainder of this clear but wind Super Bowl Sunday.
January 26, 2020
Good afternoon Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Sunday message:
- 2019-2020 Registration is now open to ALL members of the community, including those who live outside of our district boundaries. Those students who are attending Boulder Creek’s preschool and would like to attend Kindergarten at B.C. WILL need to register. Remember if your child is currently a student at BC (Kinder through 7th grade), you do NOT have to register him or her again.
- Did you know that Boulder Creek teaches our students about bullying behaviors, including cyberbullying? All teachers use the social-emotional learning curriculum Second Step on a weekly basis. Bullying lessons are embedded in Second Step, and cyberbullying is presented more in-depth each October during Digital Citizenship Week.
- Later this week I will be messaging all of our families with important instructions about how you can provide us information about what we are doing right and give us feedback about areas in which we can improve. We are looking for 100% participation in this survey. We hope you will be able to help. Stay tuned for more information in a few days.
- Boulder Creek’s first-ever Music Winter Concert involving many of our 4th-8th grade music students will take place tomorrow, Monday, evening. The details are as follows:
Location: Pathway Auditorium, 777 Loma Vista Drive
Student Musician Call Time: 6:30 pm
Concert Start Time: 7 pm
Admission: $2 at the door (proceeds benefit the Boulder Creek Music Program)
We invite all Boulder Creek Families to join us for an entertaining evening while supporting Boulder Creek Music at the same time.
- Finally, a big thank you to all who are being courteous of our Boulder Creek neighbors throughout the neighborhood, including on Springer Drive, Spaniel Drive and on Whistling Way at drop-off and pick-up. Slowing down and following traffic laws keeps everyone happy and most of all safe!
We thank you for all you do to assist us in helping your child meet his/her academic, social, and emotional goals. We will see you tomorrow on Minimum Day Monday. Have a great evening.
January 20, 2020
Good afternoon Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Monday afternoon message:
- In registration news, 2020-2021 continues this week for students who live outside the Boulder Creek School boundary area but live inside the district boundaries and need an intradistrict transfer permit. In addition, those who live outside the district boundaries, have siblings currently attending Boulder Creek AND require an interdistrict transfer permit are also welcome to register this week. Next week, we will accept registrations from all other new students who live outside the district. For a complete schedule of priority registration and registration forms, go to the Boulder Creek Website (bouldercreek.eesd.net) under About Us and click on the Register link.
- Did you know that Boulder Creek offers a wide variety of clubs for our 3rd – 8th graders throughout each year? For example, this winter our Jr. High students are enjoying Ski and Snowboard Club, Engineering Club and Dance Crew. Our younger students are involved with 3-5 Chess Club, 4-5 Cooking Club, and 5th-grade Safety Patrol. Be sure to listen for future club announcements and encourage your child to get involved. And, If any of our parents possess a special skill you would like to share with children, I encourage you to come and chat with me. We are always open to new ideas!
- Stay tuned for information about our annual Parent Survey coming your way on next week’s Sunday message.
- Finally, just a few commuter and drop-off announcements …
Many of our families travel into the immediate Boulder Creek neighborhood for drop-off and pick-up. Please be considerate of our Boulder Creek neighbors on every street by driving the speed limit and being mindful of not blocking or parking in neighbors’ driveways. It’s tough to be a neighbor of a school with large enrollment who has a majority of its students who are transported to school by car. Thank you in advance for helping Boulder Creek be a good neighbor by slowing down and being thoughtful guests while in the neighborhood.
Secondly, we have some parents who are stopping in the street before and after the crosswalk and letting children out of the car without pulling over to the curb. This is very dangerous for your children and there have been near accidents as a result. The crossing guard cannot be responsible for safely crossing children who are not approaching the crosswalk from the sidewalk and waiting appropriately. Please be mindful of pulling over to the curb and letting children out of the vehicle on the curbside only.
I sincerely hope that all of our Boulder Creek Families had the opportunity to have conversations this weekend about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s significant contributions to the social change and growth of our country. Enjoy the rest of your Martin Luther King Jr. Day. We look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow morning.
Good afternoon Boulder Creek Families, this is Mrs. Croes with your Sunday Message:
- 2020-2021 Registration begins this week for students who live in the Boulder Creek School boundary area and who are not currently enrolled in school. For a complete schedule of priority registration and registration forms, go to the Boulder Creek Website (bouldercreek.eesd.net) under About Us and click on the Register link.
- For those of our parents who signed up for Powerful Parenting, just a reminder that your night is this Thursday evening beginning with an optional free taco bar dinner from 5:15-6:00 and Powerful Parenting from 6:00-7:00.
- 4/5 Boys’ and Girls’ basketball tryouts are Wednesday and Thursday of this week. Girls tryout from 2:30-4:00 and boys tryout from 4:00-5:30. Boys will need to go home after school and return at 4:00 p.m.
- Jr. High Boys Basketball kick off the season this week on the road to Sequoia tomorrow and at home versus Grant on Wednesday.
- Clubs meeting this week include Jr. High Ski and Snowboard Club, Jr. High Engineering Club, and 3-5 Chess Club. Please check the calendar on our website for meeting days and times.
- I’d like to end by sharing with all parents who are not aware … Your children have many adults on campus they can seek out should they ever have a need to talk with someone about anything at all. Whether they are worried about academics, peer relationships or anything else, all of our staff – teaching, administrative, counseling, and all other support staff – are here for your children at all times. Please encourage them to come to us whenever they need.
Bundle up this week Boulder Creek, it’s going to be a cold one. Enjoy the rest of your day. We look forward to seeing you all tomorrow on Minimum Day Monday.